The past few years/weeks/months(depending on when you think I got started) I’ve been tryign to rip out the controls for Torque to allow for a camera completely separate from the player object. After finding “Advance Camera for Torque” I tried applyign that along with another technique I saw to add a second player. It was very glitchy. So then I attempted to control an AI character using Torquescript exclusively. That worked, but had a few bugs that I couldn’t deal with.
So now I’m trying again. I think I’m going to have to unwrap the code for the player object/datablock and write my own. Which bothers me because I haven’t really touched raw C++ in a very very long time. I’ve moved on to C# which is similar… but I don’t know about similar enough that I won’t run into issues. Maybe I should pick up a new C++ book and pretend I’m starting over.